The UTEP Speed, Strength, and Conditioning program has taken on a whole new look since the opening of the Vandenburg Strength and Conditioning Center in 2002. This glass-walled structure is located atop the Larry K. Durham Center and the view is incredible, overlooking the Sun Bowl to the east, and the Franklin Mountains to the west.
Student-athletes have access to over 10,000 square feet of training space. The weight room contains a full range of state-of-the-art equipment such as Power Lift multi-racks, Hammer Strength plate-loaded machines, and a variety of other conditioning apparatus that make the facility a premier setting for intense training. Because of its size and amenities UTEP's strength and conditioning center rivals any in Division I athletics.
- 18 Power Lift multi-rack power stations
- Eleiko Olympic and York power bars at every rack
- Plate-loaded dumbbells at every rack
- Samson step-up boxes at every rack
- Uesaka and UCS plyo boxes
- Dyna-max and D-Ball medicine balls from 6 to 80 lbs
- Dumbbells ranging from 5 to 200 lbs
- EliteFTS decline benches
- Chains and Jump Stretch Bands
- An Austin Leg Drive
- A variety of strongman equipment including Prowlers, yokes, logs, & farmer's walk handles
- A variety of Hammer Strength, Samson, and Body Master equipment
- An array of cardio equipment
- A nutritional center